Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Almonds

Good Morning Friends!
 
Last night on Facebook one of my good friends posted this recipe for roasted almonds. I love all things pumpkin and fall so I HAD to try them out!

 
Pumpkin Spice Almonds
3 Cups raw almonds
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
2 Tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
3 Tablespoons agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla
 
If you're clueless like me, you've never heard of agave nectar. I found it in the baking aisle right next to the corn syrup. I'd also never heard of Pumpkin Pie Spice, but that was with the rest of the spices (duh Jordan).
 
Preheat oven to 325*, combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix well

 
Spread onto a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Thats it! SO EASY, and SO good!

 
The one direction I didn't follow was lining the pan with parchment paper and if I could do it again, I'd spend the extra money and buy some. I've been soaking my cookie sheet since last night and I'm still dreading cleaning it. I also tasted one of these right out of the oven and I wasn't that impressed..but after they cooled I swear they tasted 100 times better!
 
AND even if you don't like almonds, I would make these just for the smell! Ya know that roasted almond stand in the mall that ALWAYS smells like heaven? Yeah, thats what these make your whole house/apartment smell like. My roommate couldn't believe how good our apartment smelled when she got home from work!
 
Kenal's sister has gotten me hooked on the Instagram trend where every day is a different theme. So, I'll leave you with a lovely Transformation Tuesday :)

 


 
 

3 comments:

  1. Parchment paper is a best friend of mine <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan! I came to stalk your blog since I can't reply to your comment because you're a no-reply blogger. Here I am over here talking about what a fatty I am and you're over here teasing me with pumpkin spice almonds and crock pot chicken. Are you trying to kill me?!

    Pumpkin Spice is my passion. I have to make these.

    Fix the no-reply blogger thing so I can talk to you girlfriend!

    And add the GFC widget to your blog so I can creep on you too!

    Sorry for being so bossy, sorta ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the help with comments!! I think I fixed the no-reply blogger :) annnd since I'm clueless whats the GFC widget?? Thanks!!!

      Delete