Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Cheesy Chicken Tatertot Casserole

Happy Monday! Our oven is finally being delivered Wednesday, so for the last week and a half our crockpot has been in high demand. Saturday I made this recipe I found on Pinterest and it was another hit with both me and Kendal! I followed the recipe pretty closely, but there are a few things I will do differently next time I make this.

 
Cheesy Chicken Tatertot Casserole
1 bag (32oz) tatertots
1 bag (2 cups) shredded cheese of choice
1 lb cubed uncooked chicken
1 lb cooked bacon
3/4 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste


The recipe suggests a bag of precooked bacon bits, but we had bacon in the freezer, so I cooked up the whole pound and used all of it except for a few pieces. I also used more chicken, about 1.5 pounds.

 After cooking the bacon you layer the following: tater tots, bacon, cheese, chicken, bacon cheese, tatertots, bacon cheese. Pour the milk over everything and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.

I cooked this for about 5 or 6 hours and everything was done just right. Kendal mentioned the tater tots that were on the bottom got pretty soggy, they kind of turned into a potato hash. So, next time I am going to try not putting any on the bottom to see if more of them will be crispy. Overall we really liked this and it will be moved to my 'Successful Recipes' Pinterest board!

No comments:

Post a Comment