Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Chicken and Dumplings

Good Morning! It's supposed to be in the 40's tomorrow and then snow more..Happy Spring.

 I found this Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings recipe on Pinterest and we LOVED it! I think this is one of the first Pinterest recipes I was 100% happy with the outcome. It even inspired me to organzie my boards a little so I created a 'Successful Recipes' board. Check out my Pinterest here, I have a million and two recipes I haven't tried, so lemme know if you have!

Anyway, of course I did not take one picture..but the finished product was pretty similar to the picture on the recipe. Kendal even commented that it looked like something Nala puked up last week...yum.

I made a few minor changes so here is what I did:

Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings
4 chicken breasts (I have no clue if it was anywhere near 1lb)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 14oz can chicken broth
6 Refrigerator biscuits

Put everything, but the biscuits, in the crockpot and let it cook on LOW for 7-8ish hours. By the time I got home from work I think it cooked for 8.

After 8 hours, shred the chicken. Cut up the 6 biscuits, I cut each one like a little pizza so 8 pieces each. Throw those in the crockpot (I made sure they were spread out a little so they didn't all stick together) let them cook on LOW for 1 more hour.

Thats it, this was one of the easiest things I've made! When it was all done I added a pinch of salt, but I'm not really sure it was needed because of all the salt in chicken broth. The original recipe says it serves 6-8 but I think Kendal and I will be able to make it into 4-5 meals.

The only thing I would change for next time is maybe add more chicken, like I said I have no idea how much I used, I just know it wasn't quite enough.

Only 1 more week of crockpot recipes before my new oven arrives :)

No comments:

Post a Comment