Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Healthy Ice Cream

Good Morning! First off, I must live in a cave because just yesterday I heard about the plane that has been missing. Clearly I need to read/watch the news more often!

Last night Kendal and I rented a movie and I wanted a snack to munch on while I watched but I'm really trying to stop eating like I'll never gain weight. A friend had mentioned she makes 'ice cream' out of bananas so I gave that a try. It was really good, even Kendal liked it!

I had 2 bananas in the freezer that I peeled (that was pretty impossible at first, but I got the hang of it) and cut into slices. Throw those into the blender with some almond milk (or regular milk would be fine), I added a little more than 1/4 Cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk. Once it was all blended I put it in the freezer for a few minutes and then it was ready to eat!

Ours tasted pretty banana-y but I'm sure you could add fresh or frozen strawberries, chocolate syrup, or other toppings to add some extra flavor.

Anyone else have some heathy alternatives for sweet tooh cravings??

No comments:

Post a Comment